Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I have a new job!

A couple of weeks ago, I started a new job at a company called Signalink Technologies. It's a bit of a departure from my more recent Solaris sysadmin gigs--I'm back to my C programmer roots!

The stuff I'm working on is about as far away from Solaris servers and workstations as one can get: I'm developing software for embedded systems, where resources are scarce (the chip I'm working with has a massive 6K of RAM!), and bit twiddling and register shuffling are the order of the day.

So far, it's great. I'm working with a great bunch of guys, doing some interesting work (which will only get more interesting as time passes), in an environment that suits me just fine (think Silicon Valley style start up). The job is well paid, and best of all, it's a mere 10-minute drive away in my own town of Kelowna! No more travelling to God knows where to earn a few shekels; hurrah! :-)

Despite being far removed from the Solaris world in my current professional capacity (though I hasten to add that I'm running build 70 of Nevada on my desktop--no Windoze for me!), I'll still be involved with the OpenSolaris community as much as I can. And I intend to keep writing articles for SDN, so it's good job the days are getting shorter (relaxing in the sun becomes less of a temptation when it's dark out!)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home