Monday, April 16, 2007

Behind every great man...

... there's an even greater woman.

I'll leave the question of my greatness (or lack thereof) for others to ponder, but the woman behind me, my wife Jenny, really is great. She supported my dreams of writing my first book Solaris Systems Programming by being the only bread-winner in our family for more than 3 years, despite the enormous stress it placed on her, and the huge pile of debt it (writing SSP) got us into.

More recently (when I got back from my 7-month contracting stint in Edmonton), she has supported us while I spent the last 18 months or so working on my latest business, My Online Home Inventory (MOHI). I look forwward to the day that MOHI and my other business ideas are successful enough to be able to repay her (she's always wanted to take a vacation in Hawaii, and that seems to be more than fair compensation for what she's done)...

Today is her birthday. I won't tell you how old she is, but let's just say she's celebrating the 11th anniversary of her 29th birthday. :-) Because it's her birthday, I thought now would be a good time to say a very public "thank you", so here it is: Jenny, many thanks for your love and support over the last few years. I couldn't have achieved all that I have without you, and I can't wait to be able to repay you.

If any of my readers wants to send her a thank-you note (or wish her happy birthday), please send her an email at: jenny dot teer @ rite - group dot com.

[Tags: : ]

3 Comments:

At 16/4/07 22:55, Blogger Unknown said...

Jenny, You Rule! No doubts there. An amazing and very funny woman. Happy Birthday!!!!

 
At 18/4/07 10:23, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We;ve never met, but Happy Birthday! Thanks for helping Rich help the larger community. :-)

Rainer

 
At 17/5/07 09:33, Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, I know I'm late on this by a month, but happy birthday late, Jenny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home