Friday, March 02, 2007

OGB Nomination

It's been far too long since I last updated my blog. I've been feverishly beavering away on a new business, more of which anon...

The OpenSolaris Governing Board (OGB) elections will soon be upon us, and after much thought and careful consideration, I have decided to nominate myself for a position on the board. I am a long-term [Open]Solaris advocate, and was among the first dozen or so people to join the OpenSolaris pilot (Jim invited the Solaris Cabal to participate in the pilot sometime in September 2004 IIRC).

I'm the author of the Sun Press book, Solaris Systems Programming, and numerous articles about Solaris, a Solaris developer and sys admin, and I was one of two community members elected by the Pilot participants to the inaugral CAB (Al Hopper being the other). I think it would be useful if at least one current CAB/OGB member was on the new board, if only for the sake of continuity.

I don't work for Sun (though I did do some consulting for Sun UK a few years ago): I'm an independant consultant, and I've recently launched a new business called My Online Home Inventory. I've also built my own kernel. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home