Friday, September 01, 2006

Solaris Systems Programming: Simplified Chinese Translation!

Wow, this is amazing news (for me): I've just heard that my book, Solaris Systems Programming, was recently translated into Simplified Chinese! I can't wait to receive my copy, so that I can know what my friends feel like (i.e., I'll see the words (kanjii symbols, presumably) but won't understand any of it!). :-)

In the meantime, here's a picture of the cover I snarffed from the China-pub.com web site:



The thought of all those Chinese students studying program development on and is quite exciting!

4 Comments:

At 1/9/06 20:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Rich! I'm here in Japan now so I hope to see a Japanese version as well. Let's talk about this soon, ok?

 
At 11/9/06 02:23, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I ever saw this translated version of your book at the bookshop. - joe, printf("joeoliothbsocom\b\b\b\b.\b\b\b\b\b\b@\b\b\b\b_\n");

 
At 11/9/06 15:09, Blogger Rich Teer said...

Cool! I should be receiving my copy in a few weeks.

BTW, on closer inspection, it looks like the cover image I snarffed was a mockup: the example on the cover appears to be written in Java, and my book is about C programming! :-)

 
At 19/12/06 22:53, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations and thankyou.
Your book is very very good, i bought a chinese version a half year ago, and i like it very much.

谢谢。

--SCU_CN liangkz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home