Monday, August 07, 2006

The Solaris developers' holy trinity is complete!

Last Friday (August 4), I received my copies of the second edition of Solaris Internals by Jim Mauro and Richard McDougall, and Solaris Performance and Tools by Jim, Richard, and Brendan Gregg. I've only had a chance to skim them so far (although I did help review part of Solaris Internals), and I have to say: I'm impressed. So much so that I'd go as far to say that these two books complete the and the developers' holy trinity.

What's the third book? With all humilty, I'd say it's Solaris Systems Programming, by yours truely. If you're serious about developing software--be it userland or kernel--for (Open)Solaris, you need these books.

1 Comments:

At 12/8/06 00:02, Blogger Brendan Gregg said...

I agree - they make a stunning three books! Developers who have studied all three will bring invaluable knowledge to any [Open]Solaris project.

I've been studying Solaris Systems Programming for a while, as this picture shows.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home