Monday, March 06, 2006

He who dies with the most toys...

... wins.

There's nothing more exciting to a Sun geek than being surrounded by Sun hardware running or . In my home office I have a Sun Blade 1000 (thanks Acclinet!) which Jenny uses, and an Ultra 20 (thanks Sun!), and in my basement storage area, I have my home server (an E220R), firewall (A Netra T1 105), and various other bits of Sun kit. Not bad for someone who has spent most of the last four years unemployed!

With some of the money I got from $TELCO in Edmonton last year, I decided to invest in a web-based business idea I had a couple of years ago. So I bought myself a shiny new "medium" spec Sun Fire X4200 (I'd sure like to compare it to a T2000 when I've finished developing the web application...), and a fine machine it is. You can imagine how green with envy I was then, to read fellow Sun-enthusiast and all-round nice guy Ben Rockwood's post about the huge stack of Sun gear he had at work on Friday last week! His new machines are currently stuck using Linux (ha!), but knowing Ben, they'll be running Solaris as soon as his application will allow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home