Monday, March 06, 2006

My Ferrari is sick :-(

My Ferrari 3400 started misbehaving recently: it would turn itself off without so much as a by your leave. It happened a few days before the warranty expired, but when I first called Acer's tech support, they suggested that I try swapping out the 2 GB RAM I installed when I got the machine with the original memory. I did this, but it made no difference so I reinstalled the 2 GB after making sure the DIMM sockets were free from debris.

All seemd to be OK, until a few days later when the same thing happened. By this time, the warrany had technically expired, but the support guy I was talking with said that it wouldn't be aproblem, and that they'd fix my laptop under the warranty. He did advise me to remove my memory and 7200 RPM disk before returning it, which I did. That was last Friday. Purolater picked up the package on Friday, so hopefully it'll be with Acer either today or tomorrow.

Fingers crossed, but so far I have to say that I am impressed with Acer's technical support people. Until I get it back, I'm back downstairs in my basement. That's not so bad, though, as I'm working on my Ultra 20 with it's 24.1" Sun monitor. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home