Monday, November 28, 2005

Solaris NAT page updated

A few years ago, I wrote some instructions describing how to set up NAT on using IP Filter. This page is pretty popular, getting about 1000 hits per month, so I've updated it to include some info about setting up NAT on Solaris 10.

When I originally wrote the article, my firewall was a SPARCstation 2 running Solaris 7. I have since replaced that machine with a 440 MHz Netra T1 105 running Solaris 10. The T1 is ideal for this duty: it has dual 100 base-T Ethernet interfaces, dual hot-swappable disks, and consumes little power. It's 1U rack size also helps; it is also quite quiet. (I wish I could say the same about my E220R and the D1000 array that's attached to it! I'd like to replace these with smaller, quieter, more efficient machines, but cash for a new home server is a low priority at the moment...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home