Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Ron James

Last night I went to see Canadian comedian, Ron James, at Edmonton's Winspear Centre. The Winspear Cenre is just a hop and skip from where I'm staying, which is fortunate because is was bloody cold last night, and snowing. (Quite frankly, I've had enough of the bloody snow. It's late March--Spring!--for crying out loud! Back home in Kelowna, the grass is green and the crocuses are coming out. But here in Edmonton its colder than a winter's night on Pluto...)

Anyways, back to Ron James. I'd heard trailers for his show when he visited Kelowna (twice) a year or so ago. Given our financial dire straites (cue Mark Knopfler's gruff voice and excellent guitar playing), spending $35 ($70 for both of us) on a night's entertainment was out of the question. But now that I'm earning again, it wasn't so hard to justify.

I'm glad I went. Most of Ron's material is hilarious, although I didn't get some of the references to politicians from before we moved here (in January 1999). Next time he's playing in your town, check him out.

More fun and games tonight: I'm getting together with Bryan Cantrill and some other Sun bods for a social.

1 Comments:

At 23/3/05 13:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you think you're sick of the snow (being in Edmonton), think how I feel :) It's snowing *here* today!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home