Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Open Solaris

One of the things I'm most passionate about is Sun's operating system, Solaris. Sun is on the verge of releasing the Solaris source code under an OSI-approved license. To help them with their plans and the long and sometimes painful process of open sourcing something the size of Solaris, Sun engaged the help of some of the Solaris community to create a pilot program.

I'm proud to say that I've been a part of this program since day one. Due to the NDA I signed, I can't reveal the details of Open Solaris, but I can tell you (to quote one of Arthur C Clarke's books) that great things are afoot.

There are many vocal nay-sayers, who are sceptical or even suspicious of Sun's plans for Open Solaris. They're entitled to their opinion, of course, but I think those with an open mind will be pleasently surprised...

3 Comments:

At 18/1/05 12:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurray! Rich has a blog!

Chris

 
At 18/1/05 17:42, Blogger Jim Grisanzio said...

Finally! :) Excellent, Rich. I look forward to hearing about all things Solaris. -- Jim G.

 
At 18/1/05 18:05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love ya Rich. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home